On our off week, the Crime Writers got together face-to-face for the first time in ages. We're back with lots to talk about. This includes the latest "In the Dark"-related court filings in the Curtis Flowers case, the passing of a troubled ex-prosecutor featured in "The Staircase," and one of the panelists gets called for jury duty.
We go globetrotting on the new Netflix series, "Dark Tourist." Journalist David Farrier, who wowed us with his documentary “Tickled,” shows us some of the most bizarre, macabre, and dangerous travel destinations around.
Moving on...the new podcast "Bundyville" examines the story-behind-the-story of Cliven Bundy and his anti-government standoff that transfixed the nation. The seven-part series explores the seeds of Bundy’s discontent as sewn by federal grazing rights, court cases, nuclear testing, Mormon oppression, and a religious prophecy.
FOR OUR SPOILER-FREE REVIEW, GO TO 59:30.
In Crime of the Week: Bigfoot whips it out. (And in this week's outtake - so does one of us.)
SPONSORS THIS EPISODE
- Miss Jones Baking Co. - use code crime at missjones.co to get 2 FREE Desserts in a Cup with any online purchase
- Tommy John - go to TommyJohn.com/crime for 20% off your first order
- Daily Harvest - go to Daily-Harvest.com and enter promo code CRIME to get three cups FREE in your first box
- Betabrand - get 20% off at betabrand.com with promo code CRIME
- FabFitFun - and use code CRIME to get $10 off your first box at fabfitfun.com