There are true crime updates this week in the Adnan Syed case. First, prosecutors have decided to ask Maryland's highest court to review the previous rulings granting Adnan a new trial. Second, HBO has announced a documentary about the case is in the works. They promise new information and the first interviews with Adnan since "Serial."
We discuss episode four of "In the Dark." Something's fishy about those jailhouse confessions.
Speaking of confessions, Kevin admits he's always wanted to try the tangy taste of Miracle Whip. With three naysayers listening on, he takes his first bites.
Moving on...the crime writers go over the Netflix documentary "Evil Genius." A man robs a bank with a bomb locked around his neck. Who was the mastermind beyond the elaborate plot? Does the series give short shrift to the characters' mental illnesses? And does the story maintain the momentum of it's compelling beginning?
FOR OUR SPOILER-FREE REVIEW, GO TO 1:02.26.
Then a vintage crime of the week: step right up.
SPONSORS THIS EPISODE
- Patio Shield - Use code CRIME to save 20% on Patio Shield at Thermacell.com
- Philo - Visit go.philo.com/CRIME or text the word CRIME to 74456
- RXBAR -For 25% off your first order, visit RXBAR.com/CRIME and enter promo code CRIME at checkout
- Havenly - havenly.com/CRIME for twenty-five percent off your design package
- Simple Contacts - simplecontacts.com/cwo or just enter code CWO at checkout for $30 off your contacts.
- Felix Gray glasses - try a pair at FelixGrayGlasses.com/crime