Atlanta Monster gets a review! And Dirty John gets the prime time treatment!
It was one of 2017's biggest podcasts. Now the tale of "Dirty John" gets the treatment from Dateline NBC. Does a 42 minute TV episode add anything to a story already told over five hours in podcast form? Maybe just some pictures of how hunky John Meehan really was.
The main event: we breakdown the first installments in "Atlanta Monster," the new podcast from Payne Lindsey's Tenderfoot TV and HowStuffWorks. This look back at the 1980s Atlanta child murders is billed as "an investigative podcast," but where is it taking us? Does Lindsey repeat the best parts (or the worst parts) of his hit debut "Up and Vanished"?
And in the Crime of the Week: Gesundheit!
Sponsors this episode:
- Squarespace - go to squarespace.com for a free trail & use the offer code CWO to save 10% off your first purchase
- Madison Reed - go to madison-reed.com for 10% off plus free shipping on your first color kit with our new promo code
- Brooklinen - get $20 off AND free shipping when you use promo code CRIME at Brooklinen.com
- Daily Harvest - go to daily-harvest.com and enter promo code CRIME to get three items FREE in your first box
- LinkedIn - go to linkedin.com/crime and get a $50 credit toward your first job post
- Bellevue from WGN - Premiers Jan 23rd 10 EST/ 9 CST on WGN America.