Double Take: The Onion's 'A Very Fatal Murder' and our (spoiler free) 'West Cork' review
Not even a blizzard can stop the Crime Writers from their appointed rounds (though it may crackle the connection once in a while).
We get skeeved out by the latest accusations of "Making a Murderer" defense-lawyer-now-judge Len Kachinsky (cue your own cat noises). There's a notable cameo in "Sword & Scale." And we toss around our thoughts on the Onion's new true crime parody podcast, "A Very Fatal Murder." Does a send up of the crime podcast world seem like it's about three months too late?
Then a no-blarney, spoiler-free review of Audible's new 13-part series, "West Cork." The famous1996 murder of Sophie Toscan du Plantier is relatively unknown to American listeners. Not since "Serial" have we had such access to a prime suspect. We'll tell you whether you should make time for this one.
FOR A LIMITED TIME, YOU CAN LISTEN TO WEST CORK FOR FREE ON AUDIBLE - EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION. Our review is truly spoiler-free, but if you still want to skip right to our verdicts, go to 53:22.
Then in Crime of Week, how else are you going to carry all that dough around?
SPONSORS THIS EPISODE
- Martha Stewart Wine Company - Get 20% off your first purchase of a bottle, pack or club membership when you go to marthastewartwine.com and use the promo code CRIME
- Havenly - Try Havenly today by visiting Havenly.com/crime and get 25% off your design package
- RXBAR - For 25% off your first order, visit RXBAR.com/crime and enter promo code: crime at checkout
- LinkedIn - Go to LinkedIn.com/crime and get a $50 credit toward your first job post
- Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson - for more info visit LisaJackson.com