State v Adnan Syed (AGAIN), MORE Missing Richard Simmons & HBO's Big Little Lies
It's another paper dump in the ongoing appeals around Adnan Syed from Serial season one. This time the State has written its arguments on why the lower court erred in granted Adnan a new trial. Kevin takes a look at what their case hangs on, and Rebecca gives it a big old eye roll (cute the hate mail!).
And, episode 3 of Missing Richard Simmons was CRAY. From witchcraft to bitchcraft, we learned Richard's closest confidants f'ing HATE each other. How can we not revisit a podcast that brings up black magic? Yeah...we're SO gonna do that.
Then, the Crime Writers examine HBO's newest murder mystery mini-series, "Big Little Lies." Does an A-list cast + domestic noir = another hit?
And should the producers stay keep the same killer/victim as the book, or make it fresh for the whole audience?
Plus, what we learned in this Crime of the Week: if you live to be 100 you might get a lap dance from your nurse.
Listen to the episode:
Sponsors for this episode include:
- SimpliSafe - get an exclusive 10% discount at simplisafe.com/criminal.
- Select Blinds - mention Crime Writers On and get free sample swatches.
- Harry's - get the Harry's trial set for FREE at harrys.com/crime.
- HelloFresh - use promo code CRIME35 to save $35 on your first week of deliveries.
- Total Wireless - check out their great cell plans at totalwireless.com.